Belarus exports this year:
- Potatoes - exporters increased potato shipments by 53 percent to a combined total of 261 thousand tonnes
- Onions - exports jumped by 8.8 times on the year to a total of 16 thousand tonnes
- Beets - exports reached 14.4 thousand tonnes and doubled on the year
- Cabbage - exports amounted to 44.1 thousand tonnes, a 2.3 time increase
- Tomatos - exports jumped by 26 percent on the year to 47 thousand tonnes
- Cucumbers - exports saw an 84 percent increase and amounted to 56 thousand tonnes
Belorussian exports are shipped to 60 different countries, but 80 percent of all supplies end up on the Russian market.
Grakun said that producers this season did not encounter problems when it came to selling their goods. He used potatoes as an example and said that some are grown and then processed by the Tolochinsky Canning Factory. The yield for raw materials for enterprises reached 550 quintals per hectare.
FruitNews article (Russian): http://www.fruitnews.ru/home-page/vegetables/44925-minselkhoz-belarusi-ozhidaet-eksportnoj-pribyli-v-2-3-mlrd-dollarov.html